- 1.1 Principles:
- Design on the Tyne is committed to providing the best possible service in the interest of the Client’s business and its objectives once project terms have been agreed.
- Design on the Tyne will answer brief(s) provided, and will explore directions based on industry knowledge, thorough research and logical development.
- Design on the Tyne requires reasonable time to complete work requested by the Client to the highest standard.
- 1.2 Hours of operation:
- Working Hours are 9.00 – 17.30, Monday to Friday, except holidays, bank holidays or otherwise stated.
- Notice will be given if Design on the Tyne is expected to be unavailable for long periods during the agreed schedule of a project.
- Please understand that telephone calls and meetings outside of Working Hours may not be possible, unless arranged otherwise, and will be dealt with at the next available opportunity.
- 1.3 Correspondence:
- In order to manage projects and amends more effectively, please keep project correspondence in written form via email@example.com.
- For any problems, concerns or complaints about Design on the Tyne or any of the services provided please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.1 Discussion and negotiation of costs should happen before the estimate has been agreed, unless the course of the project requires new estimates or costs to be added at a later stage.
- 2.2 Accepting an estimate is confirmation of project commitment. Cancellation after this stage may result in reimbursement costs for time booked in by email@example.com or any included third-parties (see 8. Cancellation).
- 3.1 Total fees will be split between the start and end of projects as agreed before work begins unless special requirements are discussed and agreed.
- 3.2 The first invoice will need to be paid in advance of work commencing. Please consider this when arranging project finances and schedules.
- 3.3 Invoices will have payment terms of 30 days upon receipt of each invoice.
- 3.4 Payments made after 30 days of the invoice date may be subject to late fees of 5% of the invoice total. This sum will be added to the total after the 30-day period has passed, and will subsequently be added for every 14-day period that goes unpaid thereafter.
- 3.5 If extra work is required during the project which is not outlined in the original estimate, Design on the Tyne will inform the Client and costs will be added accordingly once agreed.
- 4.1 Items not outlined in original estimates may incur extra costs. This will depend on specific project requirements which can evolve over the lifespan of a project.
- 4.2 All costs will be recorded and be made clear to the Client before proceeding.
- 4.3 Extra costs will be added to the final bill, unless exceeding £250 in which they may require part or whole payment in advance.
- 4.4 Extra costs may include (but are not limited to):
- Sourcing and purchasing imagery from stock libraries
- Sourcing and purchasing fonts and typefaces
- Sourcing and purchasing print materials and processes
- Outsourcing photographers, illustrators, typographers, web developers or any third-parties that may be necessary to fulfil the project requirements
- Other digital services required to fulfil project requirements
- Physical and digital mockups or prototypes
- Delivery of printed items and samples
- Travel costs
- Accommodation costs
- 5.1 Design on the Tyne makes every effort to achieve agreed delivery dates. Design on the Tyne cannot accept liability or be held financially responsible for any targets or deadlines missed for delivery of any work resulting from extenuating circumstances.
- 5.2 Extenuating circumstances may include (but are not limited to):
- Other parties unable to fulfil their agreed delivery times
- Content or project feedback supplied after agreed times
- Sickness or personal injury
- Act of God or any extraordinary incidents.
- War or an act of terrorism
- Failure of power supply
- Theft, damage or loss of equipment, documents or any other items that are required to complete the work
- 5.3 If dates and times need to be altered by any of the parties involved in a project, it is important that all parties are informed in reasonable time and agree with the new schedule given.
- 5.4 Alternative solutions may be considered to meet deadlines if necessary, though this may incur further costs.
- 6.1 All work, physical and intellectual, is property of Design on the Tyne. Once final payment has been confirmed, ownership will be handed over upon request from the client.
- 6.2 Unused and discarded concept work not included in final designs will remain property of Design on the Tyne, fees cover ownership of final chosen designs only.
- 6.3 Design on the Tyne reserves the right to use creative concepts and final design work for the purposes of marketing activities (both online and offline) unless otherwise agreed with the Client.
- 6.4 It is not permitted for any person to copy, use or reproduce any work or content created by Design on the Tyne, including content used in this website or in any form of correspondence with Design on the Tyne, without the consent of Design on the Tyne.
- 7.1 Design on the Tyne will take appropriate care to ensure the safety and security of physical and intellectual property belonging to the Client. Design on the Tyne also puts emphasis on care and consideration for the mental and physical wellbeing of any persons involved in work undertaken.
- 7.2 Design on the Tyne will not accept liability for any of the following:
- Damage, theft or loss of any information or physical items belonging to the Client or any persons involved in, or resulting from, work undertaken by Design on the Tyne.
- Health and safety issues or injury claims made by persons involved in, or resulting from, any work undertaken by Design on the Tyne.
- Any damages to physical work or delays in delivery times involving work undertaken by Design on the Tyne. Please allow sufficient time for delivery and quality control.
- Downtime of any web hosting providers or if any online security is breached involving work undertaken by Design on the Tyne.
- 7.3 Once final proofs and materials have been signed off, Design on the Tyne cannot be held responsible financially or otherwise for any errors relating to print, programming or any end product.
- 7.4 Any changes required after final sign-off may incur extra costs. In some cases, such as printed material, the possibility of making changes will depend on production and if any third-parties involved will allow this.
- 7.5 Any website errors, bugs or security breaches which occur after final sign-off may result in extra costs in order to be fixed.
- 7.6 Design on the Tyne reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
- 8.1 Design on the Tyne will endeavour to create the best possible work for any given project. Due to the varying nature of creative work and timescales, output can vary. By agreeing to work with Design on the Tyne, the Client confirms an understanding of the skills and work ethic Design on the Tyne provides. If the Client is not satisfied with work produced under this agreement, Design on the Tyne will attempt to reach a favoured solution for all parties, otherwise the Client is entitled to leave the agreement.
- 8.2 If the Client chooses to leave the agreement, Design on the Tyne reserves the right to request payment for the time spent up until the date of cancellation. Design on the Tyne provides a service in which costs cover time spent, hence are non-refundable. Records of time spent are kept throughout all projects.
- 8.3 The Client will also need to pay any outstanding Extra Costs accumulated during the project up until that point (see 4. Extra Costs).
- 8.4 Any cancellations with third-parties involved or booked during the project on behalf of the Client will depend on their cancellation terms and are not the responsibility of Design on the Tyne. The Client agrees to pay any outstanding third-party invoices or cancellation fees.
- 8.5 Reimbursement may also be considered for booked time that as a result is cancelled.
- 8.6 If the total cost of hours undertaken before cancellation and reimbursement accumulates to less than the deposit paid, Design on the Tyne will refund the difference back into the account of the original payee.
- 8.7 In the event of cancellation, all discounts will be void and will not be factored into any cancellation fees, outstanding fees or refunds.
- 8.8 Any outstanding fees will be expected to be paid within 14 days of the cancellation invoice date. Payments made after 28 days of the invoice date will be subject to late fees of 5% on the remaining balance. This sum will be added to the total after the 28-day period has passed, and will subsequently be added for every 14-day period that goes unpaid thereafter.
- 8.9 Design on the Tyne reserves the right to cancel any project at any given time if the project, Client or any parties involved do not meet requirements outlined in these terms. Cancellation fees and terms still apply.
- 8.10 All work, physical or intellectual, undertaken before cancellation will remain property of Design on the Tyne unless stated otherwise (see 6. Ownership), and may be subject to a release fee in order to transfer ownership.
- 9.1 If the Client has any disputes before, during or after a project, the Client will be advised to email Contact@designonthetyne.com in order to ensure any issues are resolved effectively and in an appropriate manner.
- 9.2 Any claims made by the Client against Design on the Tyne are limited to the amount of the total payment made to Design on the Tyne by the Client.
- 10.1 These Terms and Conditions, and use of this website, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England.
- 10.2 Any court proceedings shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Ready to work together?
Call or send us a message, and let's start working on great things together.
Design on the Tyne
One stop shop Graphic Design studio based in North Tyneside. offering logo's, branding, printing services, digital design, website design solutions, internal and external signage for individuals, start-ups, small and large businesses.